This position is focused on a Pre-Collision Assist / Autonomous Emergency Braking feature developer to ensure the feature meets the expected acceptance criteria through proper test methods.
- Understand the design of the Pre-Collision Assist / Autonomous Emergency Braking feature code in the ADAS ECU
- Interface with the module teams that make up the overall distributed feature (ABS, PCM, IPC, AHU, etc.) to ensure system level function and requirements are met.
- Support the development of Feature specifications, FMEAs, robustness disciplines and DVP.
- Support model peer reviews of existing, modified and future feature model
- Lead/Support development of test methods to evaluate true positive, false positive and real world performance criteria.
- Determine acceptance criteria for design verification test methods
- Lead development and sign-off of Feature Level performance for a given vehicle. Operate and utilize Active Safety test rigs such as robotic platforms for surrogate collision targets and host vehicle robots.
- Root cause feature level, systems and interface issues in feature development and sign-off. Work with the larger team to fix issues for production.
- Lead the development of Matlab scripts/tools/GUIs used in post-processing and analyzing feature performance.
- Support root cause analysis of feature issues using algorithm simulation in the loop tools
- Lead/support feature calibration to support overall performance requirements
- Work with the Hardware in the Loop Team to establish CAE procedures to reduce dependencies on vehicle level testing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, Controls or Software Engineering
- 1+ years of experience developing and conducting laboratory and vehicle tests. Data collection and analysis of systems performance.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, Controls or Software Engineering
- Experience with radar/camera or LIDAR or feature model integration or software development
- Understanding of embedded hardware and software design
Control algorithm development using Matlab, Simulink or equivalent
Code writing within Matlab
- Design and development of radar, image processing or similar digital signal processing applications
- Modeling / analyzing / simulating radar and/ or vision and/or Lidar sensor performance
- Applications engineering for active safety systems such as ACC, AEB, LKA, TJA Collision Avoidance, Anti-Lock Braking, Yaw Stability Control or Pre-Activated Restraint Systems
- Writing vehicle, system and component specifications
- Synthesis of SDS, FMEA, DVP, DVM for advanced projects in chassis control or active safety
- Familiar with Active Safety test rigs, robotic platforms, host vehicle robots, etc.