Our Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware and functional models that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems.
- Lead the development and implementation of algorithms related to localization techniques, occupancy grid mapping, path planning, and general sensor fusion
- Support the development of active safety features.
- Lead the development of algorithm specifications, FMEAs, robustness disciplines and DVP
- Understand the performance requirements for the sensing system, establish algorithm software and establish procedures to verify performance both quantitatively and subjectively
- Understand sensor system interactions to identify possible improvements and trade-offs. Identify changes needed to improve performance and meet objectives
- Establish algorithm objectives and ensure system operation to meet the objectives through structured component, sub-system, and system level test methodologies
- Work with the Hardware in the Loop Team to establish CAE procedures to reduce dependence on vehicle level testing
- Support Sign off of algorithm performance per a given vehicle
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, Robotics or Controls Engineering
- 2+ years’ experience in software development in C or C++
- 1+ years of experience in the ADAS field with features such as ACC, AEB, LKA, TJA, Collision Avoidance.
- Understanding of embedded hardware and software design
- Software architecture, modular application development, strong embedded experience, production algorithm development experience
- Experience with occupancy grid mapping, localization (SLAM), object tracking, Kalman filtering, and path planning.
- Modeling / analyzing / simulating radar and/ or vision and/or Lidar sensor performance
- Developing and conducting laboratory and vehicle tests. Data collection and analysis of Active Safety sensor systems
- Experience with Git, Github, Jira, Agile and Misra
- An understanding of embedded software development
- Experience in sensor fusion to support active safety features