Our Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware and functional models that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. We are seeking seasoned professionals who can contribute to our efforts with experience in the development of sensors, ECUs, models and software. This position focuses on proper verification and validation of the Driver Monitor Camera for Safety Electronics cross-carline applications.
- Support Sign off of Feature Level performance for a given vehicle
- Develop and refine design validation methods for ensuring proper feature-level performance across a variety of environmental, human, and cross-carline noise factors.
- Plan and execute design verification plans to ensure proper feature-level performance.
- Develop data analysis techniques and methods from data generated by both track and real-world validation methods to ensure feature achieves the desired specifications.
- Plan and execute real-world evaluations to identify system problems and issues.
- Support and coordinate root-cause analysis with internal and external suppliers to ensure delivered system thrills our customers with the user experience.
- Integrate and configure models & other software packages with a variety of production and other in situ hardware to enable pre-production feature-level verification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, Controls, Computer or Software Engineering
- 1 year software or algorithm design or software quality assurance experience
- Experience reviewing, categorizing, and analyzing field data to determine error states / failure modes.
- Experience developing, conducting and observing statistically relevant experimentation / verification methods across the global population. Any 6-sigma experience or training is highly desired.
- Experience developing / modifying test methods for existing features. Support various other feature teams on the enhancement of their features to incorporate the Driver Monitor Camera
- Understanding of embedded hardware and software design.
- Understanding of Kalman filtering, vehicle dynamics, linear & nonlinear control methods.
- Software engineering & algorithm development experience. Any development time in any language (C, C++, Python, Matlab, etc.)
- Developing and conducting laboratory and vehicle tests. Data collection and analysis.