Electrical Development Engineer (USA)
DORLECO is a 360-degree controls software development & integration solution provider for electric and autonomous vehicle systems, focused on achieving its mission of developing sustainable & efficient vehicles with innovative, robust, and lean engineering practices. We provide a fast-paced R&D environment and deliver integrated solutions for mechanical, electrical, software, thermodynamic, and energy storage systems for modern electric and autonomous vehicle systems.
We are a trusted resource for full-time projects, overflow work, training, and resident engineering needs for the larger companies’ ePowertrain and ADAS engineering departments.
We are also a certified Minority Enterprise by NMSDC!
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan including a comprehensive relocation package and great opportunities for career growth!
The Development Engineer will lead and/or participate in the design and development of vehicular electrical systems to meet domestic and international customer requirements. He or she will also lead and/or participate in the analysis, testing, and validation of new or modified vehicle platforms, components, and subsystems. The development engineer may be part of a global cross-functional team with the responsibility to represent the company’s interests for a given project. The development engineer will be responsible for the development of the engineering project schedule and the management of all technical deliverables in the project.
Location: Allentown, PA
- Lead and/or assist in the development of new or modified vehicle electrical systems to include wiring, control modules, electrical mechanical interfaces, sensors, and software.
- Lead and/or assist in the testing and validation of vehicle platforms and systems.
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues.
- Represent the company’s technical interests at applicable industry forums and committees.
- Lead and/or assist in the development of all project technical quality, delivery, and cost objectives.
- Manage the attainment of all technical project objectives.
- Represent engineering on cross-functional program teams.
- Evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability in accordance with customer requirements.
- Lead the preparation of all required engineering documentation (conceptual development, drawings, specifications, bills of material, test procedures, test reports, etc.).
- Create and maintain project documentation for project planning, requirements analysis, risk management, task management, status reporting, project communication, quality assurance, etc.
- Provide technical hands-on assistance as required for prototype, pilot, and production support.
- Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering.
- Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations for use by the sales team.
- Self-Starter, able to work independently.
- Willing to travel occasionally both domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work in adverse field conditions to support product development activities.
- Demonstrated experience working in multi-site, global development teams.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Possess strong knowledge of vehicles and related vehicular systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
Basic Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Electrical or Electro-Mechanical with applicable experience.
- Minimum 10 years of related vehicle electrical design experience.
- Minimum 5 years of technical project management experience in a multi-site, global environment.
- Demonstrated product development experience in automotive, truck, or off-highway equipment industries at the vehicle platform and/or major vehicular systems level.
- Knowledgeable of industry standards for vehicular system designs and performance.
- Demonstrated experience in typical engineering documentation systems and processes.
- Able to obtain a US Department of Defense security clearance as required by job duties.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in the development of military or class 8 vehicular systems.
- Vehicle electrical systems design and development.
- Saber Harness ESD Functional Architecture and Functional Design, Harness Design, Bundle Design, and release with EDM_PUT.
- Vehicle diagnostic tools – PTT (Pro Tech tool) Engineering Tool, Vector CANalyzer, VDA_Plus.
- System-level embedded software development, validation, and sustainability.
- 12V and 24V vehicular electrical system design.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of SAE J1939 and J1587 data communication standards as well as UDS and LIN networks.
- Working knowledge in the use of 3-D CAD systems (Creo/Pro-E or CATIA) is a plus.
- MUST be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of the offer acceptance date.