We are HIRING for several exciting roles
Functional Safety Engineer
Dorleco is a 360-degree controls software development & integration solution provider for electric and autonomous vehicle systems, focused on achieving its mission of developing sustainable & efficient vehicles with innovative, robust, and lean engineering practices. We provide a fast-paced R&D environment and deliver integrated solutions for mechanical, electrical, software, thermodynamic, and energy storage systems for modern electric and autonomous vehicle systems.
We are a trusted resource for full-time projects, overflow work, training, and resident engineering needs for the larger companies’ ePowertrain and ADAS engineering departments. We are also a certified Minority Enterprise by NMSDC!
We offer competitive salary and benefits plans including a comprehensive relocation package and great opportunities for career growth!
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Work Authorization Requirements:
- MUST be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of the offer acceptance date.
- Identifies, plans, organizes, tracks, and documents all necessary FuSa activities within a project.
- Ensures close cooperation with the R&D PTM (Project Technical Manager) and other FuSa resources locally, other sites, and external contractors.
- Acts as a mentor/guide for product development FuSa activities.
- Organizes/prepares/tracks/supports/moderates FuSa activities and FuSa analysis.
- Responsible for creating/leading Development Interface Agreement (DIA), Safety plan, TSC, and Safety Case activities.
- Ensures documentation of FuSa activities and establishes evidence of FuSa.
- Negotiates and agrees with the Customer on the scope and common understanding of the FuSa requirements.
- Responsible for interfacing with customers and other stakeholders to ensure common understanding and agreement on FuSa implementation.
- Defines, tracks, and reports the functional safety KPIs.
- Defines and manages the safety verification & validation activities.
- Ensures the scheduling of the Safety RAISE reviews in his team.
FuSa Engineering Activities:
- Carries out design analysis to support the development of safety case arguments for safety-related products.
- Creates / Contributes as necessary (planned) to hazard and risk analyses, safety plans, and functional and technical safety concepts.
- Identifies FuSa requirements based on the Customer Requirements.
- Ensures the integration of the FuSa activities in the developed project based on the defined FuSa development plan.
- Leads hazard and risk analyses (PHA) where necessary.
- Supports the definition/specification of FuSa requirements for System/HW and SW architectures.
- Collaborates with the design team for an effective technical solution, to achieve adequate robustness at System, HW, and SW architectural level in compliance with ISO26262.
- Prepares and assists with the Safety Assessment Reviews held by the safety assessor.
- Leads or participates in safety analysis processes (e.g. FMEAs, FTAs, FMEDAs, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Mechanical/Systems Engineering/Computer Engineering/Computer Science.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in automotive product development (preferably in safety-related products).
- Experience with Products Development Life Cycle (Systems, Software).
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical leadership, communication, planning, and organization/control skills
- Experience in taking customer requirements to production.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Systems Engineering/Computer Science.
- Currently-active FSCAE/AFSP certification preferred.
- Experience in Software Quality and process ( e.g., ASPICE, CMMI, IATF16949).