Senior Testing Engineer, Vehicle Dynamics
Dorleco is a 360-degree controls software development & integration solution provider for electric and autonomous vehicle systems, focused on achieving its mission of developing sustainable & efficient vehicles with innovative, robust, and lean engineering practices. We provide a fast-paced R&D environment and deliver integrated solutions for mechanical, electrical, software, thermodynamic, and energy storage systems for modern electric and autonomous vehicle systems.
We are a trusted resource for full-time projects, overflow work, training, and resident engineering needs for the larger companies’ ePowertrain and ADAS engineering departments.
We are also a certified Minority Enterprise by NMSDC!
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan including a comprehensive relocation package and excellent opportunities for career growth!
As a Vehicle Dynamic Engineer, you will communicate customer expectations to Brands, Product Planning, & Engineering, evaluate complete vehicle integration, and ensure Verification and Validation plans fulfill requirements. In this role, you will be responsible for the Vehicle Dynamics tuning of Heavy-Duty Truck applications and the associated Verification & Validation plans.
Location: Greensboro, NC
- Transposing Project Wanted Position (PWP) into measurable Requirements.
- Generating Requirements based on PWP and Customer Expectations.
- Leading discussions with Engineering, PPL, and Brands to communicate and balance requirements.
- Compiling Vehicle Dynamics Tuning and defining the Verification and Validation Plan (V&V).
- Updating and maintaining Complete Vehicle DFMEA based on the scope of Design changes, Risk to Customer, and Test Detection to generate V&V plans.
- Conducting Feature Review report out at Gate Status.
- Providing an objective evaluation of the feature and delivering feature status reports previous to the gates’ opening, including approvals or proposals and requests for modifications.
- Reporting on Test Results & next steps in Management and Engineering Reviews.
- Participating and providing Feature input in Engineering Design Reviews.
- Developing PDP with Requirements and Test methods.
- Leading and driving planning, execution, and follow-up discussions with test engineers & component owners.
- Building and maintaining long-term feature roadmaps for products in collaboration with Brand Management, Marketing, Engineering, and Product Planning.
- Participating in the Global Feature and Local Feature Team Networks.
- Engaging in related industry activities and developments and engaged in councils and forums as necessary.
- Participating in Customer Visits and driving clinics to obtain subjective/objective feedback on vehicle performance.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 to 8+ years of engineering experience.
- Current holder or ability to obtain CDL.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Knowledge and understanding of customer expectations to achieve a high-performing product.
- Master’s degree in engineering.
- Expertise in the heavy truck aftermarket.
- 5 years of experience in the heavy-duty truck industry.
- Previous knowledge of sQuadriga, Dewesoft, Canalyzer, VBox, Python, Truck Dealer portal, EDB, Protus (PIL).
- MUST be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of the offer acceptance date.