Senior Vehicle Electronics Engineer
Dorleco is a 360-degree controls software development & integration solution provider for electric and autonomous vehicle systems, focused on achieving its mission of developing sustainable & efficient vehicles with innovative, robust, and lean engineering practices. We provide a fast-paced R&D environment and deliver integrated solutions for mechanical, electrical, software, thermodynamic, and energy storage systems for modern electric and autonomous vehicle systems.
We are a trusted resource for full-time projects, overflow work, training, and resident engineering needs for the larger companies’ ePowertrain and ADAS engineering departments.
We are also a certified Minority Enterprise by NMSDC!
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan including a comprehensive relocation package and excellent opportunities for career growth!
As a Vehicle Electronics Engineer, you will deliver vehicle functions, dynamics, and ADAS technical solutions by utilizing hardware and software currently in production or being developed on the next-generation electronics platform. You will also be involved in modifying the vehicle functions to fit the needs of the North American market.
Location: Greensboro, NC
- Developing & maintaining product roadmaps for the areas of interest and aligning the same with Technology streams, and brands and proposing solutions.
- Playing an active role in benchmarking activities and performing gap analysis.
- Developing new hardware & software that is specific to North American markets.
- Detailing and specifying requirements to both internal & external suppliers.
- Planning and tracking the progress of the projects and managing risks, as necessary.
- Documenting design solutions to match the sales variants of the truck.
- Ensuring solutions are verified and validated against requirements.
- Validating and verifying that we meet applicable regulations for current and future years.
- Covering applicable market-specific and customer-specific needs.
- Respecting product positioning strategies and aligning at the best level amongst competitors.
- Developing solutions that are futuristic and scalable while keeping low costs a priority.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5-8+years of experience in Embedded Software and/or Automotive Electronics.
- Truck or Passenger Auto Industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to lead product development activities with cross-functional teams, and internal & external supplier teams from around the globe.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior members of the team.
- Prior experience working with Body control modules, ABS, and ADAS systems as a component owner.
- Knowledge of North American regulations applicable to commercial transportation would be a plus.
- Sound understanding of CAN & LIN networks & protocols.
- Ability to understand and break down system-level requirements into components and end-user functions.
- Expertise in design documentation and software configuration and linking them to sales variants or similar.
- Comfortable working with project management processes and agile large solution teams/ trains.
- To achieve your mission and build your network, you will also be traveling occasionally.
- MUST be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of the offer acceptance date.