We are looking for a control algorithm and software development engineer who will be responsible for designing, developing and validating controls algorithms to meet functional, regulatory and safety requirements for automotive applications.
- Design and develop control algorithms using model based development techniques.
- Create requirements for implementing these algorithms into powertrain/transmissions and driver assist software.
- Generate code in C/C++ for ECM/TCM/PCM architectures
- Perform verification and validation of these algorithms using hardware-in-the-loop and on the vehicle.
- Establish and execute design verification plans for control logic development.
- Conduct design failure mode effects analysis for robustness.
- Support transmission/powertrain calibration efforts by contributing to calibration guide development.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering or Automotive Engineering.
- Good overall knowledge of transmission, powertrain, driver assist and/or other vehicular control systems.
- Knowledge of model based development cycle.
- Knowledge of standard controls methods, modeling, simulation, development, testing, and validation.
Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- A well rounded understanding of gasoline engines, transmission control systems and advanced driver assist technologies.
- Awareness of standard MBD practices.
- Completion of Model It Yourself (MIY) series https://dorleco.com/product/miy-full-series/