This position is focused on the development of new high definition map-based path planning for advanced DAT features. We are seeking to add high quality people to the team rather than trying to squeeze engineers into a specific role.
- Develop specifications for new high definition map-based path planning.
- Develop and oversee test methods and plans for developments of new high definition map-based path planning.
- Comply with Robustness Engineering Disciplines (Functional Safety, Quality History, P – Diagram, FMEA, etc)
- Apply six sigma and 8D issue resolution processes
- Conduct validation testing on components and subsystems on bench and at the breadboard and vehicle level.
- Support the Sourcing Process as necessary
- Release software through the product life cycle. Support Change Control meetings
- Identify validation, durability and functional tests required.
- Review/manage program design change requests.
- Support prototype and vehicle launches.
- Give technical assistance to supplier through the Supplier Engagement Process.
- BSEE or BSME or BS Aerospace or BS Control Systems or related.
- 3+ years experience developing complex features, algorithms or software in automotive or equivalent field
- 3+ years of experience in Precise Positioning and GNSS
- Masters in Engineering or other advanced degree
- Experience in safety systems
- Operational knowledge of desktop productivity and CAD software
- Ability to quickly learn the job (with mentoring from others)
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate and interact with others, both oral and written
- Strong understanding and application of engineering disciplines (engineering specifications, design validation, failure mode analysis, 8D, six sigma, etc.
- Ability to interface with many activities and champion issue resolution
- Knowledgeable about ADAS functionality
- Understanding/experience with the design & development of automotive electrical features
- Knowledgeable about signal transfer and mechanical-electrical interfaces
- Understanding of vehicle electrical systems and electrical design/development process.
- Familiar with CAN networking tools, diagnostic protocols, and trouble shooting