This position is focused on the development of new features, implemented through feature models, and integrated into a central Active safety ECU, but could also involve other elements of the process as we seek to add high quality people to the team.
- Lead the development and implementation of algorithms related to imaging, image processing and vision.
- Support the development of active safety features.
- Lead the development of algorithm specifications, FMEAs, robustness disciplines and DVP
- Understand the performance requirements for the sensing system, establish feature model to operate with the sensor performance envelop and establish procedures to verify performance both quantitatively and subjectively
- Understand sensor system interactions in terms of vehicle dynamics to identify possible improvements and trade-offs. Identify changes needed to improve performance and meet objectives
- Establish algorithm objectives and ensure system operation to meet the objectives through structured component, sub-system, and system level test methodologies
- Work with the Hardware in the Loop Team to establish CAE procedures to reduce dependence on vehicle level testing
- Support Sign off of algorithm performance per a given vehicle
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar field of study
- 7+ years’ experience in software development in C or C++
- 5+ years of experience designing and testing embedded systems for high performance, high reliability computing applications
- 2+ years’ experience in imaging, image processing and/or computer vision to support active safety features
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar field of study
- Experience mapping image processing algorithms to HW (DSP, SIMD, NEON, GPU, FPGA)
- Understanding of ISP algorithms, human vision system and image quality metrics
- Familiarity with open source vision, sensor fusion and machine learning frameworks (OpenCV, ROS, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Caffe2, scikit-learn)
- Simulating vision and/or Lidar sensors for algorithm training, validation and testing
- Design and development of vision applications
- Python, ipython, jupyter notebooks
- Git, Github, Jira, Agile, Misra C\C++, ISO 26262
- Control algorithm development using Matlab, Simulink or equivalent
- Software architecture, modular application development with Model/software, strong embedded experience, developing production algorithm experience
- 1+ years of experience as an Applications engineer for active safety systems such as ACC, AEB, LKA, TJA, Collision Avoidance.
- Developing and conducting laboratory and vehicle tests. Data collection and analysis of Active Safety sensor systems